* * * * * * * *
Nov 14, 2011
- Starts with an experiment.
- Deal with disruptive behaviours and loud music.
-Has and presents in-depth (too in depth) understanding of the course content.
- Shows great enthusiasm
-Willing to start student teach a week ahead of schedule
Approaches that needed to be improved:
-Rub glass rod with fur (should be with silk – need a little fine tune)
- Spends less time on magnetic fields and magnetism (not part of the grade 9 or 10 curricula).
- DO NOT physically remove ipod from xx’s hand.
- DO NOT touch/tap shoulder when ask him to leave the classoom.
- Try to save his face in front of his peers.
- Talks for the entire class
- Students did not take down any notes
- No clear objectives, assessment
- Did not present the plans for the week (as requested before he started the block)
- Avoid presenting too in-depth concept because these are students with learning difficulties (the course is modified to 50%)
I have no idea should I share everything with Mr. Green considering the outcomes of my previous attempt to do so. I am not sure how is he going to take it when Mabini is not here today. What do I do if he gets very upset. However, I will try to mention tactically about the bolded points above.