Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I call the Dean's bluff.

On Tuesday, having reviewed the University of Winnipeg's posted policies on non-academic misconduct, I asked the Dean's office if they could show any reason under those policies why I should attend the meeting they had scheduled for Thursday. Wednesday morning I received the following reply:

Dear Marvin Green,

As mentioned previously, the Deans of the Faculty of Education wish to meet with you to discuss complaints from faculty members and students concerning your in-class behaviour. This is planned as an informal meeting. An unwillingness to attend will result in more formal proceedings.

Sincerely,

Christy

Christy Campbell
Office Assistant
Faculty of Education
University of Winnipeg
786-9733

I couldn't see anything wrong with that. (Othere than I never really cared for the name Marvin.) After all, it was me who had been holding out for more formal procedings in the first place. So I replied:

Thank you, Christy. I have decided that it is not in my best interests to attend.

Regards,
Marty

Thursday and Friday came and went with no further word from the Dean's office. I didn't know that all hell was about to break loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment