Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In which the University takes the gloves off

Despite the fact that I had not yet been convicted of any wrong-doing, I was now suspended from classes and removed from my practicum program. My sponsorship to the Student Conference in Calgary had been withdrawn, and I had been fired without cause from my part-time job teaching piano in the after-school program at Gordon Bell. Despite all this, I was still determined to continue in the program, believing that once I had a chance to defend myself against the charges, that I would be vindicated. Accordingly, as soon as I received the suspension notice, I emailed my professors asking them to make arrangements for me to continue doing my assignments and writing tests. But it was not to be. Shortly after sending out these letters, the Registrar hit me with another blow:

Dear Marty,
I regret to inform you that a decision has been taken to bar you from campus. I am attaching an e-version of that notice, and a hard copy will be sent to you tomorrow. I will render a decision as soon as possible on the non-academic misconduct case. I will include information on the option of appeal as you have requested. If you wish to meet to discuss your situation, an appointment can be arranged to vary the trespass order to allow you on campus for the time of the meeting. For the time being, you remain registered in your courses and you are welcome to continue doing course-work that can be conducted without coming to University property.
 
Regards,
Colin



I was not just suspended from classes, I was barred from campus property altogether. If I set foot on University property, the Registrar had issued instructions that I was to be arrested and charged with trespassing.

1 comment:

  1. but they still haven't told you what they are accusing you of...

    ReplyDelete